- Fraction Line-Up: distribute the Fraction Demo Cards to students. Ask students to quickly and quietly assemble themselves in order from least to greatest at the front or back of the room. For added practice, repeat the activity over several days and time the class on how quickly they get into correct line-up positions.
- Closer to 0, 1/2 or 1: Post the closer to 0, closer to 1/2 and closer to 1 signs in different parts of the classroom. Distribute the Fraction Demo Cards to students. Ask students to examine their fraction and move to the appropriate sign. For added practice, ask students to arrange themselves from least to greatest in those groupings.
- Folded Fractions: Students use different colored construction paper to create their own Folded Fractions to model the area model of fractions. Once they are labeled and cut apart, students can use these models to find different ways to name the whole, equivalent fractions, etc.
- Fraction Words: Fall Fraction Words require students to use clues to put fractions of words together to arrive at the final answers.
- Thirteen Ways of Looking at a Half challenges students to find the 13 different ways to shade in the figure.